View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
Well my original plan was to go to emt and paramedic school but I currently do not have the funds for that. I went into the army recruiter today and everything went smooth. On monday I'm going to take my ASVAB and physical. I know there are a lot of former and active army guys on this forum. I do have to get a waiver for some dumb sh*t I did as a juvinille so if that gets cleared I should be good to go.

Just thought I would let you guys know
OK King, first off, congrats on what i consider to be a good choice (of course im biased)

alright 2ndly, anthing the recruiter promises you make sure you get it in writing...

as far as mechanical Jobs go, if that is what you think you want to do then the only MOS to chose is 91B- light wheel mechanic... promotions in the 91A (M1 tank), 91M (bradley fighting vechicle), 91P i think (howitser) MOSs suck when you get up in rank suck.... the light wheel guys out promote us hands down. I am a 91M, I made it to SFC but couldn't go any higher and the youger guys are starting to see a trend of not getting promoted.

if you want you can PM me and i will fill you in on anything you want to know, i have almost 20 years time in service and i retire in May so i know what im talking about.

once again i applaud you in your future choice and will gladly welcome you in to the service of our great country.