View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
kabuki
Brawn
Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributorkabuki is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
Interesting. I don't think I have ever done the ab wheel correctly, that shall change post-haste. I'm curious though, why do you think guys like Kazmaier, who obviously was strong as hell, advocated cable crunches and weighted situps both for strength and aesthetics?
the research wasn't available. Thank Dr Stuart McGill the leading researcher on low back disorders. Feel free to check out his published books.

And repetitive loaded spinal flexion doesn't mean 100% of people will develop issues.... but it is a risk and with little benefit besides aesthetics. However safe movements that also have a better translation to strength ALSO work on the aesthetics.

Pretty sure other things such as diet/nutrition/supplementation have all changed due to advances in research since Kazmaier's age. Doesn't mean what people did didn't work...it did. But isn't our goal to surpass prior human achievement not have it as the high water mark?