View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
They are the same thing for most guys. You don't need low reps to build strength. You can ride hypertrophy progression to incredible levels of strength. This will increase vertical leap, sprint speed and sports power.

Most guys never come close to maximizing strength in hypertrophy ranges. I think they should hit a few walls before worrying about low rep sets. Reps are needed to build muscle and work on form.
Thanks for the explanation BTB! It's much appreciated, I have kept pretty much the same program just adding more reps on my 'Strength' days, which I'm enjoying so far but MAN the DOMS are nuts lol. I was panicking too much about it slowing me down or not becoming more explosive but then realised I did a lot of hypertrophy stuff in the start, and I increased my vertical so I know it will help, plus I will still have power days so I'm happy with what I have so far, although I'll be posting my workouts for people to critique, and help me organise if they don't mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
We've talked about this before here at MAB. Here is another discussion from a different site.

http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/s...php?tid/23749/

You can also look into The Reeves Classic routine here on MAB, or check out some of the Real Results programs. We have most everything already here for you to research.
Thanks buddy, I'll definitely check all of this out, it's much appreciated!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote