Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Quite frankly i don't think it matters whether his goals are aesthetics or not. He is trying to gain muscle. An effective tool for gaining muscle (especially as a beginner) is strength progression.
Second, whether his goal is "pure strength" (as opposed to impure strength?) Or not,a fall off in strength levels can and should be used as an indicator of a potential problem.
And while it is not the only potential cause, not eating enough could maybe be the problem. It is just as likely as any of the other causes that have been brought up.
Your logic is flawed if you believe someone with a goal of mass gain shouldn't be concerned with strength and that a stall in strength gains can't be an indicator of potential issues that could also effect mass gains.
On top of that his question in this thread is directly concerning strength, so I don't understand why you felt the need to single me out and act as if my advice to him regarding strength is not relevant.
His goal isn't just mass gain. He wants to build muscle while avoiding adding fat as much as possible. That changes things, especially when you consider that he's already gaining weight consistently.

And while I appreciate your condescending tone in spite of the fact that I made it quite obvious just what I meant, It doesn't change the fact the our friend here is trying to avoid gaining fat. I'm NOT going to suggest eating more food when he's already gaining weight, because that's a strong indication that lack of food is not the key issue, especially when we've already uncovered that he just started college. We also know from his last thread that he's eating a very high quality diet, so a simple lack of calories wouldn't account for his sudden change in strength levels.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote