View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #1133
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

JB Squat Cycle Block 1 - Week 2

Deep heat and foam roll at home

Squats
Bar x lots x 3
60kgs x 5, 5
100kgs x 3
Add belt
140kgs x 1 Very fast and explosive
Add briefs
170kgs x 5 Not very deep
190kgs x 5
Add wraps
200kgs x 5
207.5kgs x 5

Squat holds (also in briefs and wraps)
250kgs
280kgs

Wedding anniversary this week so had to move this session up to last night. Took a long time to get warmed up but felt good once I was. Hardest part of the reps is the pressure at the bottom and trying to keep my back tight as the gear bites. Last rep on the top set I lost that tightness at the bottom and struggled a little but it was never in doubt. Did the unrack and holds with no walkout as I'll be squatting in a monolift at the next meet. 250 felt easy. 280 wasn't. Held them for 2 breaths each. The loss of tightness as I exhaled was horrible. Shows you have to hold for as long as possible to keep that form.

Couple of days light work now and then back on Thursday for shirted bench and hopefully some 3 board triples as long as I can get decent spotters.

Video will be up later.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote