View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPIE View Post
I've never been asked that question and IMO a full body w/o with this program could be a long w/o each day and pending on how often through the week your training it msy lead to overtraining. So i did ask the designer(Eric Broser) of the program on his thoughts. there are a few variables that i can think of. How many different exercises do you do for each body part? Whats your time frame in the gym? How many days a week do you train? whats your recovery like in your mind?

With those being ask when Eric gets back to me with what he feels i will let you know more..
Thanks for taking your time out to discuss this

I am largely a beginner, so I basically do a total of 5 main exercises over the entire week plus 4-5 assistance lifts, which are -

Bench
Military Press
Squats
Deadlifts
Powercleans

plus
barbell rows
pull-ups
Pin-press
Bottom-up squat
Front squat.

As for training, I train thrice a week and my sessions last between 45 minutes on the light day to 75-80 minutes on the two heavier days.

As far as recovery goes, I think mine is average / shade below average. I find it useful to back down every 3rd or 4th week and then again up the weights next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPIE View Post
Eric got back to me and here is what he said:

Yes, this can be done using 2 exercises for large groups and 1 for smaller groups. As long as the principles are applied it will still work well!
Lol, typed up everything before I got here ^^^. Good to know Eric's opinion. At some point this year, after my current routine is done, I am thinking of trying P/RR/S on a full-body scheme.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote