View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #19
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

That pic of Tom Prince is shocking. I remember he had kidney failure, but I didn't know any of the background. This is well worth a read:

Extracts:

Quote:
The left shoulder is the worst; Prince will require surgery this year to replace the crumbling socket. "If I roll over on it in the middle of the night, I wake up screaming. My shoulders are so bad that I was literally whimpering doing warm-up pulldowns with 50 pounds. I couldn't get my hands above my head. There were days when Bob [Cicherillo, his training partner] would come in 20 minutes late, and I'd still be warming up."
Quote:
Prince feels both sad and relieved to retire from competitive bodybuilding. "This whole diet, I learned a lot about myself," he states. "Basically, I learned I can force myself to do anything. But this isn't the bodybuilding I grew up loving and wanting to do. Having to make all these ridiculous allowances for your own health, that's not bodybuilding to me. I don't know what the f--k that is, but that's not bodybuilding. I don't mind the challenge of something being hard. For me, being hard is what makes it fun. Not everyone can be a pro. It's supposed to be this great challenge, but it's not supposed to be like torturing yourself."
Horrible.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote