Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #9
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
BTB: Thanks.

kman: My bench press has always lagged behind the other two powerlifts. I don't know whether it's due to me having relatively long arms or something else, but I'm still working on it. Some people are built better for the deadlift and not the bench press.

However, it was different in the December 2009 meet. I was still recovering from a lower back strain around two months earlier, as a result of doing deadlifts and atlas stones on back-to-back days. I was leaning back way too much, trying to load a stone. It's counter-intuitive because it only affected my bench press, not my squat or deadlift, in training and the meet.
You also need to take heavier bench attempts at the meet. Your benches look like warmup weights.
ehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote