Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #717
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonb26189 View Post
Do you think that if i tried to apply progressive resistance with GVT i wouldnt be able to do so as efficiently as i would with 3x10 because the volume will hinder my recovery and therefor my progress?

Also do you think isolation exercises are pretty much a waste of time as they are distracting the recovery from the core lifts, therefor hindering progression?

Si
Honestly, GVT was developed to help weight lifters move up a class in 12 weeks. It was developed as a 2-3 month solution, in which a trainee ate and ate and ate.

I personally don't know of anyone that survived longer than 8 to 12 weeks on it.

In my opinion it's far too physically demanding to be run longer than 3 months, for the most part. It's a specialization program more than a long-term grind it out program.

You can certainly try to run it longer than 12 weeks.

My advice is just dive in and see how you feel after 6-8 weeks. At this point you may need a mental break. If not, drive on.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote