View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #13
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Thanks. I've been lifting since my days in high school, so it's been approximately 10 years because I'm 27 and I started when I was either 16 or 17. However, I wasn't going to the gym nearly as much when I was in the Army (Sep. '01 - Nov. '03) due to field exercises, a combat deployment (Iraq), and being exhausted from the daily grind. After receiving my honorable discharge in late 2003, I started being consistent with my training again in 2004, but it wasn't until 2007 that I fixed my form.

Motivation? I could list a few of the major sources.

1) anyone who said that I was too small or too weak in the past
2) the people who are still talking trash about my old videos even after I became a legit powerlifter
3) one of my best friends as a kid, Roger Ling (R.I.P.), who died in Iraq after I returned from my deployment
4) my brave girlfriend, Suzy, who is currently fighting cancer
Nice. Do you plan on staying at your current weight to compete? and have you contemplated following most powerlifters choice of just bulking like crazy?
Hell we all started off in different places, I've been skinny, I've been fat... bottom line is i worked hard and ended up doing what i had to do to get what i wanted. And it def looks that you've done the same.
Sorry to hear about your friend and you girl. Shes got my best of luck going out to her.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote