View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #2995
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
20/7 Qualifier for Nationals

Gave it all today but it did not work my way. I failed both the deadlift and the heavy farmers walk and by that I was out of the competition. On the deadlift I got to jacked before approaching the bar, my buddy hit me hard and I just tried to rip it of the floor without pulling the slack out of the bar or setting up properly. Stupid mistake but im not sure it mattered, 290 did not come up an inch.

The farmers were very low. Half of the competitors did not manage to pick them and I did not either. Gave it a good try and got them halfway up but did not manage to lock the suckers out. 154kg each hand.

Tomorrow I will start training again and try to get in more work each week to build some real brute strength!
Great work Swede, even though you missed qualifying...and fantastic mind-set, starting afresh to go after it again from tomorrow onwards