View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Off Road's (Sorta) Rant For Newer Lifters

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post386440

From Off Road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road
"A little rant. . .Sorta. . . Hopefully some motivation for a few of our members.

I've seen several of our members getting depressed, or changing routines too often, or not training at all due to a lack of progress or just over-inflated expectations. I know it's hard to be in a community where some guys put up monster numbers or make such fast progress. It's hard not to compare yourself with those guys and not get completely down on yourself.

Man, it just doesn't happen overnight for some of us. While some gain downright fast, others gain at a snail's pace. I've been at this for over 14 years and my numbers are barely passable for respectable. It has taken me all this time to get where I am and it will take me quite a bit longer to get to where I want to be. But I DON'T QUIT! I DON"T WHINE! I DON"T KEEP LOOKING FOR THE MAGIC ROUTINE! I stay on the frackin' course and take what I can get!!!

Ya, I want to be a 500 lb squatter, and a 400 lb bencher. You know what? I will be! But I realize it takes time and consistency.

I visit many journals and I see guys like me. Guys that enjoy the journey. Guys that put in the work no matter how hard it is or how small the gains seem to be. We aren't the guys that add 400 lbs to our totals every year. We aren't the guys that add 30 lbs of muscle in a year. AND we realize that we aren't doing anything wrong, it's just what we can get back from our efforts and we are PROUD of every little gain. We earned it!!!

Now to all those guys that are moping around because they haven't turned into Hercules in a couple of years, JOIN THE FRACKIN' CLUB BOYS.

Get your asses back in the gym, stick to a routine for several years, and enjoy the process, because the fame isn't coming.

You have to love to do this for what it can give YOU, not what it gives others."

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links