Thread: training ADD
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #417
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

7/13

RPS heatwave

I came into this meet thinking I would match my 242 total and have an outside shot at 1400

Started the week by sodium/water loading. Walked around at 205-206 and needed to get down to 198.
Thursday I dropped all food and water. Made weight easy. No need to sweat it out.

Putting the weight back on was a different story. Weighed in at 6:30pm. Started drinking immediately and food shortly thereafter. I was so full and bloated by 11pm I couldn't eat or drink.

Weighed myself at the meet with clothes on and I was 204. A few lbs short. It didnt help that the venue had no ac. It was a humid mess in there. I was dehydrated all day and it showed during my squat warmups. All the warmups felt bad.

Squats - opener was 400. Hit it, but not easy. Deided to go with a conservative 425 instead of 450 I had been planning. 425 came up about halfway but I just couldn't finish. Passed on third

Bench - opener was 315. Got that although not super easy. Called for 345. If it was 5-10lbs less I would have had it. Bar came up about 6", but I had nothing left. Passed on third.

Deadlift - time for redemption. 450...easy. 500 not so easy and my callous' started ripping and hand was opening but I held on. 525 real grinder and hands got more messed up but I managed to complete the lift and hang on. Hand was a bloody mess

1240 @198. This puts me at a slightly higher coefficient than my 242 total. I guess I am relatively the same strength now that I am 40lbs lighter.

Much work to do
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote