View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #255
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Thanks OR. Laps, then weight. Sounds good. I'm going to mix in some slow heavy ones on recovery days. Wendler and a few others think it's a good idea, and with my bad ankle consecutive days "sprinting" is out of the question. Give me an idea of your once a month destruction session?
Yes, I will build up from 6 laps to 10 laps with a certain weight, and then when I get all the laps completed I'll add more weight and reduce the laps to 6 again, then work back up to 10 again.

A good challenge session, I call Prowler Hell. Throw on enough weight to make that Prowler/Sled weigh 200 lbs. For full-sized Prowlers that's an extra 90 lbs. For lighter sleds like the one I used to have, that may be 180 lbs. Now push for 40 yard laps and try to get 10 laps completed as fast as possible. Rest very little between laps and keep moving. Currently, I will walk a 40 yard distance (20 up and 20 back) between laps and never quit moving. My goal is to be able to do push-ups or burpees between pushes. Now THAT'S gonna suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Totally embarrassing effort in the OH challenge.
Don't be embarrassed, you smoked that rep and next time it will be two reps. 75% for us larger guys is a lot of weight and high reps take a lot of practice. You Smashed It Mike, hold your head up.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote