SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
I would not be so hasty to throw deads out. There are so many possibilities of diagnosis that it is too early to tell. I can tell you, from experience, x rays will usually tell you little to nothing about disc issues, unless it is huge. Took three rounds of tests before they found mine and even then, until they opened it up, couldn't really tell how bad it was.

Anyway. Time off from deads and squats and some flexibility training, look up Agile 8, will probably go a long way in helping.
I agree - I have significant damage to my L2 and L3 ( complete annular tears, arthritis, and bone spurs) and until I had an MRI, the docs did not have a clue. They showed as "narrowing" discs with deterioration on the X- rays.

I recently had an epidural injection of fluid and cortisonal steroids which, did not seem to work.

Started on a course of pain meds and muscle relaxers but I will soon be weaning myself off those- cannot see being dependant on pills for the rest of my life.

I am convinced that the docs just make stuff up- they are guessing, when it comes to the spine.

My doc said no squats, deads were ok.... went to another that said neither were "allowed" with a back injury.

When I stop lifting it seems that my back hurts worse - when I squat and dead - back loosens up. Go figure.

I will be trying the Agile 8 ( and maybe some yoga, soon) I have got to get some relief. Good luck to ya' Josh ( and everyone else, with back issues) I hope we all, feel better soon.