Gorship
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 1-2 altogether.
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: DeadLift
Fav Supp: Creatine + Beta Alanine.
Gorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think before you switch, you need to make sure you are lifting with straight arms either way. This will help prevent bicep injuries.

Unless you are a competitor, I don't recommend an over/under. I recommend a double overhand using straps or Versa Gripps.

If you are a competitor, only switch up your over/under if you feel they are comparable. If one side feels awkward, you could end up tweaking your back. If they feel ok, then alternate every other workout if you'd like.
This sounds silly - but everytime i try and use straps.. i spend so much time trying to wrap them, i stand up and get light headed and need to stop the operation. LOL.

edit: I also feel much stronger over under for some reason... but i spose i can try and go back to double over.. I was switching the hands around for light sets and warmups so that things kinda balanced. However I def can lift more L hand over / R hand under for some odd reason.
Gorship is offline   Reply With Quote