Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #318
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainter89 View Post
heres one of my deadlifts videos, is my back rounding too much or is that good enough..btw sorry about my friend talking in the background lol
Personally, I think your back is fine. Form breaks down when most people go real heavy, that's just what happens.

Your hips are shooting up before the bar breaks the floor though. This is where your main problem lies. This is causing your shoulders to get too far in front of the bar. Try pulling the slack out of the bar before you break the floor, and drive through your heels. In this video, it looks like the weight is mostly on the balls of your feet after the bar leaves the floor. This is moving your center of gravity forward and causing you to lose leverage. That is my opinion, anyway. Also, your back strength may be holding you back a bit. Keep pulling heavy, you will get stronger.

Here is an example video of the person I try and model my conventional deadlift after. You can see he is pretty rounded over especially when he hits 770x2. But, he drops his hips low and pulls the slack out of the bar before he breaks the floor and is able to stay behind the bar and not get too far forward.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote