Deadlift Only Dude
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 9 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Dymatize Elite Whey
1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My source of positivity comes from enjoyment of the journey. Learning how to train my body and my mind to perform when needed at will. That creates a lot of confidence for me.
Yes. I feel the SAME way! The journey and the process is what is key.

Quote:
I don't think about winning, but I do think about what it takes to prepare myself for the perfect effort. That is what I can control, and that is success to me.
Yes I do that visualization thing as well where I focus on what I can do better. Eric's taught me how to take a workout that's gone bad and then sit and just go over a list of thing I could have done better and then just focus on that list for the next workout.

Quote:
I don't think about positivity. I think about enjoyment and refinement and it gives me confidence that I will do the best I can.

On the other hand I avoid negativity. I don't want doubt in my mind with heavy weight in my hand or above my head. I have to focus on form; the thing I can control. The weight might come up, it might not, but I can control my form to a degree.

I guess in the absence of dark, it seems brighter. So in a sense, if I filtering out negativity and utilizing practices that lend themselves to positive outcomes, I am creating inherent positivity without thinking about it.

Or something like that. I really don't know, or care to be honest. Just glad to be sucking in air.
100% with you

My YouTube Channel
1Strength is offline   Reply With Quote