View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My source of positivity comes from enjoyment of the journey. Learning how to train my body and my mind to perform when needed at will. That creates a lot of confidence for me.

I don't think about winning, but I do think about what it takes to prepare myself for the perfect effort. That is what I can control, and that is success to me.

Over the years this ability has continued to refine. At some point my body will start to let my mind down. We can't stop the age train. Even so, I will still have my ability to prepare for battle. I will just need to use it for another hobby.

I don't think about positivity. I think about enjoyment and refinement and it gives me confidence that I will do the best I can.

On the other hand I avoid negativity. I don't want doubt in my mind with heavy weight in my hand or above my head. I have to focus on form; the thing I can control. The weight might come up, it might not, but I can control my form to a degree.

I guess in the absence of dark, it seems brighter. So in a sense, if I am filtering out negativity and utilizing practices that lend themselves to positive outcomes, I am creating inherent positivity without thinking about it.

Or something like that. I really don't know, or care to be honest. Just glad to be sucking in air.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-07-2013 at 02:46 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote