Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #633
steveninthematrix
Brawn
Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13 Points: 663, Level: 13
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

steveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good postssteveninthematrix has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think before you switch, you need to make sure you are lifting with straight arms either way. This will help prevent bicep injuries.

Unless you are a competitor, I don't recommend an over/under. I recommend a double overhand using straps or Versa Gripps.

If you are a competitor, only switch up your over/under if you feel they are comparable. If one side feels awkward, you could end up tweaking your back. If they feel ok, then alternate every other workout if you'd like.
my take is, its important to swop from time to time... no matter how straight you have your arms, the bar torques the body differently, and you end up possibly with an imbalance....... I do all my warmups for reps one way, then swop at 405lbs for the rest; so far, so good.
steveninthematrix is offline   Reply With Quote