View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
... I think Biceps tend to be over looked in PL to much. The Becips help with Bench on the way down and the Pause. Better control overall. Also they do help with your Grip some. I read an E-Mail from Crain once that the calves envolment in Squats and Deads is 7%. but you rarely see PL routines with Calf exercises. I'd bet on bench the Biceps is about the same. If you can use less energy on the way down. It gives you more energy on the way up... If I can raise my squat and bench by 7%.. I'm going to train those muscles too.

Brandon Lily has been saying this a lot the last year or so. On your Big 3. Train like a Powerlifting, but on your accessories... train like a bodybuilder.
Not to mention that most big benchers tend to have HUGE arms.

My arms are sticks. They didn't grow proportionally with the rest of my upper body when only training the compound movements. My back/traps/chest got plenty bigger training rows/chins/bench, but my arms are small as hell. Focusing on some isolation after main work the last couple weeks and there is already a difference.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote