View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPrice View Post
Great question, here's the rundown:
-12 years old-gym membership, only allowed to do machines and cardio, but I tore into those machines.
-14 years old-they let me into the free weights room and my dad showed me how to do the basics and some of the thee gym patrons showed me the ropes
-Also 14 years old started training for football at the high school 4x a week. We ran a program called bigger faster Stronger that focused on deep squats, bench, and power cleans.
-I was a big kid, 200lbs as a freshman, put on 20 a year chugging milk and eating home cooked food.
-Soph year bench and power clean went from 225 to 315 in 9 months
-Left high school benching 395 touch n go and squatting 550
-College-Mostly maintenance, played football so same focus as high school, left there with 615 squat 455 bench
-Since college training has been on/off and here/there. Started DL a couple years ago. Maintained just enough to never "lose" what I gained before.
-November someone gave me the idea to compete, I just stopped coaching wrestling so gave it a shot. My numbers shot WAY UP, as they usually do when you're new. I know this is long but I hope it helps answer your question. Happy 4th!
It certainly does help answer it haha. I wish I had of had the guidance, or even just the determination to have trained from such an early age. We had nothing in terms of strength programs, etc, for my high school sports. Canada doesn't seem to still (it might be getting a bit better, but not by much). Really great numbers, but you've been working hard for a long time now. Which just proves the point that strength comes from persevering for a long period of time.

Happy 4th to you.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote