Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManBigLiftin View Post
Recap of the meet: 826lbs Squat, 529lbs bench, 672lbs deadlift, 2,028lbs total all raw. Went 8/9 missing only my final attempt of bench (534LBS). Big, HUGE, MONSTROUS any/every word you can think, thanks and appreciation to my team, Michael Greeno for everything he has done with us, A true legend and stand up guy James Grandick for wrapping my knees today (even with his athlete was going right after me!). What made today unforgettable was I got to go head to head with my best friend Kent Fleming - and we put on a show. The winner was decided on the VERY LAST pull of the day for the raw guys - he missed 705 on his 2nd attempt. I closed the gap and put myself in the lead with my 672. Then on his 3rd attempt the beast came alive - 705 3 white lights. Very proud of him. This meet was amazing, with the showing of the team from Stone And Barbell Club, LLC, Lupe Carrazco, and the lifters from Omaha Barbell (monstrous pull by Sir-Mickey Charles Manley II-Esquire, and his crew was on fire!) This little ole backyard blue springs meet got turned into an amazing contest.

Squats warm ups -
145 x 5
235 x 3
325 x 3
415 x 2
505 x 1
600 x 1 (wrapped)
700 x 1 (wrapped)
Opener - 749.57 - SMOKE SHOW
2nd attempt - 810.20 - felt awesome!
i didn't call my 3rd attempt had no idea what it was. coach said "who cares, just know you can do it." Do I did it. 6lbs pr
3rd attempt - 826.73 - i'll be honest, i was expecting more lol. white lights it was still heavy but we got it! 22lbs pr

Had subway, some powerade, a monster I stole from KCStrongmanBen lol.

on to bench
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
realized it was too early - oops.
315 x 3
405 x 1
455 x 1 -2 board
1st attempt - 501.55 - white lights, tightness sucked, i didnt stay in groove. oh well still did it fast.
2nd attempt - 529.11 - white lights, again set up sucked, didn't feel right all day. groove was better, all that matter was I got it and it was a 6lbs pr.
3rd attempt - 534.62 - lol nope. the set up not feeling right, me pressing straight up isnteadof back and up caught up to me. NO WHERE! lol. oh well still pr'd

some more powerade, and i ate everyone elses food lol.

Deadlift
135 x 3
225 x 2
315 x 2
405 x 1
405 x 1
500 x 1
585 x 1
first attempt - 628.32 - white lights! it felt slow, everyone said it was lightning. but DAMN IT! skin on hand ripped off... no blood yet, i told no one so no one would worry bout it. Micah Marino a very promising 181 saw it however, kept it to himself and just told me to keep chalking it up.
2nd attempt - 655.88 - white lights and a 5lbs pr! I shouldve called more, but since 1st didn't feel good and my hand broke open I was playing it safe and this secured my 2k total. again, i told no one bout my hand, but on this one it started to bleed, i just chalked it up even more.

3rd attempt - 672.41 - this gave me a 2028 total, and the lead in the meet, NO WAY IN HELL I WAS DROPPING THIS! White lights! this completely shredded my hand but i refused to drop it.

All in all very pleased with this meet, I lost on the very very last deadlift but it was to my best friend from highschool, and someone i consider a brother. I can live with that. I left it all on the platform and it provided me with the 'coveted' 2k total.

Now it is onto the XPC Semi-Finals October 5, 2013 in Ohio. We train for 2100.
Monster..

I'm going to have to see you train one day or at least at a meet. Let me know next time you come down near Springfield or Branson area for Meet.
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links