Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

I do appreciate this. I'm determined to give 7 days a real go, but I'm sure things will change down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Strength View Post
Always start small.

Ask yourself: what are your goals?

To get strong

Okay so what is your favorite lift? ALL Powerlifters choose ONE lift they push more than the others. Geared users always bank on Squats because that is their money-maker. But for RAW lifters, most people opt for Deadlifts but there is no blanket rule here.

Assume you want to push Squats and Bench the most.

OK

That means the most minimal exercises you need are: Squats and Bench.

Squats require hip movements. So throw in one posterior chain movement. Throw in one vertical pulling movement one row movement and one unilateral leg movement. Plus add in Deadlifts.

Now you have:
1. Squats
2. Bench
3. PC exercise
4. Vertical Pulling
5. Rowing
6. Deadlifts
7. Unilateral Leg Exercise

I still stand by my statement of strength guys not needing more than 4 days of serious training per week (even less than 4 is OK)

Now assume you want to do one more squat variation - that is fine. So you have 8 exercises now. Over 4 days.

Day 1 = Squats and Unilateral Leg Exercise
Day 2 = Deadlifts and Pull-ups
Day 3 = Rows and Bench
Day 4 = Squat Variation and PC exercise

You still end up short on the pressing work but that is the point: you start SMALL and then you add things as you go along...every 6 weeks or so you make a few small changes like throwing in some overhead work or tricep work, etc.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote