Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
It certainly did work for you. That is one fantastic arm. Monster!

Thanks for posting that routine. I can't really do tricep work because my elbow is knackered, but I'm still curious: how often would you do that arm workout? That's more sets than I do in a month! Also, do you tack the arm work on at the end of your lifting, or do you have an 'arms' day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Holy crap!

I'm off to curl some more.
Once a Week on my Bodybuilding Day. I go lighter weight on my Triceps, b/c the day before they get it hard doing Bench Days. So I just do enough tricep work that day to get a decent pump/blood flow. I kill my Biceps and forearms thou. I still have my Normal bench, squat and deadlift days every week. I think Biceps tend to be over looked in PL to much. The Becips help with Bench on the way down and the Pause. Better control overall. Also they do help with your Grip some. I read an E-Mail from Crain once that the calves envolment in Squats and Deads is 7%. but you rarely see PL routines with Calf exercises. I'd bet on bench the Biceps is about the same. If you can use less energy on the way down. It gives you more energy on the way up... If I can raise my squat and bench by 7%.. I'm going to train those muscles too.

Brandon Lily has been saying this a lot the last year or so. On your Big 3. Train like a Powerlifting, but on your accessories... train like a bodybuilder.
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote