View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

I know a couple people who bench almost every day, squat 3-4 times a week and deadlift 2-3 times a week. You have to start below those levels, slowly work them in, and modulate volume/intensity properly. There is no reason you can't bench between 70-80% nearly every single day if you keep the volume appropriate. Same with squatting. I wouldn't even bother box squatting, just a normal competition squat is fine. If you're far out from a meet, I guess you could use other movements, but I'd rather see a front squat or a high bar squat compared to a box squat if you're a raw lifter (unless box squatting is your deadlift movement). All that is another topic though, really.

You can definitely train every day. Keep good track of your volume and intensity, don't fucking kill yourself on any of the days, keep on top of your mobility, hit proper positions on the lifts, and you're golden. Essentially, if you're going to train every day, I'd just use Prilipen's Chart and take the low end of things. As well, I'd take the low end of the number of bar lifts and approaches (sets)
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote