Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Hang in there Kuyt! Just heal up and keep moving forward. DO tell what this 40 day challenge is. I am a big fan of Dan John.
Funny you ask Mike as I went ahead and did it. I'm looking at it as a form of rehab as my glass body tries to recover. You'll find most of the information here: Even Easier Strength | Dan John

I made it until Friday when I simply had to train!

I feel like a cripple half the time so I'm being very conservative since it beats being injured and needing to take more time off. I have never actually mentioned the fact that I have always been injured frequently even as a teenager playing sports so I shouldn't be surprised by what is happening now! I just need to be more careful and bear in mind that I won't be shattering any world records, only my back if I don't smarten up!

Anyways, I am doing:

Paused squats
Paused Bench
RDL - (deadlift on singles and 5,3,2 day)
Clean and strict press
Machine Row
Farmer's Walk
Ab Wheel

I have already found that wearing a belt helps me a lot on squats and RDLs. Had no belt on Saturday and felt sore even though the weights were titchy. Wore a belt and felt no pain at all on Sunday which is encouraging going forward. I am doing 2x5 most days except pre-scheduled 5,3,2 and singles days. Starting extremely light and have some preliminary targets to meet by the end.

If all goes well, I will probably try a 2 day workout a la John Christy for a few months. It is clear that my body needs more recovery than most as trial and error have shown!

My main goal is really to train without pain and if that can be achieved, I will be very happy.

Getting it done one session at a time.

Last edited by Kuytrider; 07-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote