Deadlift Only Dude
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 9 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Dymatize Elite Whey
1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor

I'm with Steve aka BTB on this. You do Deficits to work on off-the-floor part of the leg drive. You don't need to micro-inspect this but the cue is to use your legs as much as possible so sink into it like BTB suggested.

One of things I've done in the past is to work up a Relative Max for the day and then do 4-5 sets of a variation for 2 weeks before rotating it.

Looking at my log, here's what I have:

Weeks 1 & 2: Deficit Deadlifts
Week 3: Regular Deadlifts triples and 4 rep sets after the relative max
Weeks 4 & 5: Snatch Grip Deadlifts
Week 6: Same as week 3
Weeks 7 & 8: Rack Deadlifts
Week 9: Same as Weeks 3 and 6

This is all AFTER you've worked up to your Relative Max for the day, that is. And relative max is something very close to your absolute max (the most you've actually ever lifted - not something drawn from a calculator) but it is not your absolute max. Case in point, my absolute max is 525 but my relative max at the time was 505. You work up to it for 1 rep and then you do the DL variation stuff.

I ran this once and then did something else before doing it again but the second time I ran it I had set up two Deadlift days in my training and DL variation work was solely for one day.

My YouTube Channel
1Strength is offline   Reply With Quote