Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
How much protein are you aiming for? How much are you actually getting? There's no doubt that much of the initial 10lbs you lost was water due to lowering your carb intake. As you gradually add carbs it may fluctuate. However assuming you're burning more than you're eating, you can still lost fat while eating carbs.

Plus given the relatively high volume of smolov, I'd be willing to guess very very few people can successfully run a program a.) without carbs and b.) drastically cutting

But I'm definitely following this log as you seem to be in tune with your body which is the most important thing
I've always had trouble getting enough protein. If I get over 200g a day then that works for me.

You're definitely right that much of my initial weight loss was water from dropping carbs, but I was very surprised at how little "kick back" I got when I started eating carbs again. I only jumped back up a few pounds. The other few pounds I've put back on are completely due to my own decisions. I also noticed a huge difference in the mirror when I lost weight, only some of which can be attributed to "drying out" from cutting carbs. There was an obvious drop in fat on my stomach.

The intensity of Smolov absolutely has everything to do with my decision to allow myself to gain a little weight. But I'm starting to get into the groove of the program now, and I'm going to see if I can back off on my intake a little and still keep the weights moving.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links