View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Kleurplaay
Max Brawn
Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
I have a question about deficit deadlift, and I can't find any videos from anyone reputable explaining it. I pull conventional, not sumo.

When you do deficit deadlift, do you...
  • ...start with your hips low (i.e., even lower than on regular deadlift since the bar is lower)?
  • ...start with the same set up as regular deadlift (i.e., set up as if the bar were on the same level you're standing on)? This would make your lower back do most of the work, almost like a SLDL.
  • ...just do whatever comes natural because you'll get the same benefits either way?

I did these yesterday. The 1st way felt more natural, but it also felt easier. I thought I might've been negating the purpose of the deficit. So then I did the 2nd way, but I felt like I was rounding my back, and I don't want to injure myself. So how do you do these?
In for answers from someone with a little more experience than me, although if I were to trust my gut I'd definitely say option one.
Kleurplaay is offline   Reply With Quote