View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Kleurplaay
Max Brawn
Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

This article is about as backwards as it gets in my opinion. No one ever said that 'doing IIFYM' is cooler than eating 'clean'. It's those who are eating 'clean' that are always bashing that people who 'IIFYM' have no DISCIPLINE and it won't work. Seriously:
Just because you're putting effort into something doesn't automatically mean that that is the best way. I'm sorry but PAIN does not always equal GAIN.

I'm sure eating CLEAN started as something good but a lot of people have interpreted it as dry rice/chicken/broccoli 8 times a day. I'll also bet that about 70% of people who can't eat enough could easily eat enough, but have been brainwashed into thinking that anything with a lot of carbs or any fatty foods are the devil and will instantly destroy all your gains.

The problem with eating 'clean' and 'IIFYM' is that people interpret it in different ways.
-'IIFYM' is not about stuffing your face with as much chocolate, cheese and poptarts as possible.

-Eating 'clean' isn't about eating rice/broccoli/chicken 8 times a day.

People, and athlethes especially it seems, seem to have forgotten about one of the most important things when it comes to making decission: COMMON SENSE

Also very strong misconception of what science is about by the writer.
Quote:
I like studies and science just as much as anyone, but I won't/can't point to single end all be all study showing if one method of dieting is better than the other.
Also cute prediction by the writer how his article will probably 'ruffle some feathers' or 'cause some bunched panties', using those words to try to convince his writers that the people who disagree with him are silly.
To end my rant. The fact that someone is succesful at something doesn't mean that that person knows everything there is to know about said 'something'. Most race car drivers probably don't know how exactly their car works, most basketball players probably don't have a very deep understanding of the mechanics of friction, gravity and other aspects of physics and a fair number of succesful bodybuilders/models/etc have stumbled upon ONE way to approach nutrition and will then sometimes claim that that is the ONLY good approach, whilst they know absolutely nothing about nutrition or human physiology.

Last edited by Kleurplaay; 06-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Kleurplaay is offline   Reply With Quote