Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

For the last few days I've been hovering around 233, which is fine. I'm maintaining at the moment until I finish the base mesocycle of Smolov which will take 4 weeks. Then while I do the switching cycle I'll be doing 1-2 weeks of keto dieting. The length will depend on how long it takes for me to get down to around 223-225.

At the moment my diet is very simple. Mostly sandwiches and protein shakes during the day, then for dinner I've been literally only eating 2 things, hamburgers one night and steak with baked potatoes the next night. I think my wife would like more variety, but the food I make is so damn good that I think she doesn't mind that much.

My main concern right now is keeping my protein intake high. Shakes get boring fast, and in the moment I prefer meals with more carbs, but I need tons of protein right now, not only for my muscles but to keep me fuller and help me eat a little less overall.

I'm still trying to get carbs with almost every meal to completely avoid carb deprivation and it's highly negative effects on my performance. It's all about balance. Keep the carbs present all the time but low enough overall so I don't start gaining again.