Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
GT55
Brawn
Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16 Points: 965, Level: 16
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Crunches of course
Fav Supp: A second plate
GT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributorGT55 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Since when was this dude an expert? Serious question. Look to folks like Steve Shaw, Jonathan Byrd, or if you want to go outside the forum, Dan Green or someone that moves big weight.
Don't know if the question was for me? I had experts in inverted commas for a reason. Thanks to Steve's recent bench press article on M&S I was able to jump my PR again, I know who to listen to. But then look at the media, videos or photos in a lot of articles and I see the thumbs around the back. Even the instructional video for benching on M&S has a guy with thumbs around back, although it specifically states in the article to never do that.
I'm not asking if its a good thing to do, just wondering why so many seem to do it if its lesson número UNO when you read any benching article. By the way, I've been lifting for 3 months, you have to assume I know jack shit.
GT55 is offline   Reply With Quote