Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #613
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berd View Post
Hey Steve,

With compound lifts, does doing low reps with heavier weight build the same amount of mass as doing moderate weight with mid to high rep ranges with consistency in a program?

Also would you consider someone who can rep a heavy weight strong, or someone who can do heavy weight for like 3 reps strong... If that makes sense to you

Thanks brother
Hi Berd,

Progression builds muscle, regardless of rep ranges - as long as they are reasonable ranges. With that said, I do not generally advocate under 5 rep sets for intermediate and lower lifters. They need reps, time under tension and form practice too.

Your second question...they are the same thing. Not sure if I am understanding you correctly. Perhaps you can give me some number examples.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote