View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #17
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

"________ ________ is awesome, but most people suck at it and end up hurting themselves in the process.

You might be surprised how much progress you can make in the long-term by addressing postural deficits and making some slight modifications.

Remember, long term training success isn't a product of doing what's popular or cool – it's a product of intelligent exercise prescription based upon your specific needs and limitations."

My take:

Replace the blanks with "bench pressing", "back squatting" or "barbell deadlifting", and it all makes about as much sense. Which is to say a fair bit, but who honestly gives a.

As in, if you learn how to do the lifts properly, you'll (generally speaking) be fine.

I've read all kinds of bollocks, about tall people (yeah, myself included) not being suited to conventional deadlifts, or narrow-stance squats, or whatever.

Guess what? They're fine for me, and for a lot of much stronger tall guys (and much taller, in some cases). In fact, as far as my newbie-ish "big 3" go, [narrow stance] squats and [conventional] deads are my strongest.

I think the biggest problem with OHP is that not enough people do it enough... or at all.