View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
There are 4 variations in the acromion as well which affect how people's shoulders react...
^ great idea to post that. the first year i lifted, i injured the bursa in my left shoulder and couldn't do overhead presses without pain for 2-3 years. the orthopaedist described my shoulder as Type III in your photo (with the curve on the upper end). he told me that the bursae are naturally prone to injury with this type because they rub against the curved part during overhead movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
most people don't contract their glutes while performing the ohp and that is why they risk sustaining injury to the lower back.
hah, i thought i was the only one who did this. and actually, i wasn't even sure it was correct for me to do that or if i was overthinking the lift. glad you posted this because now i'll be sure to do it.
as a sidenote, i find contracting glutes even makes me feel more stable on bench press (and pretty much any compound movement, really).
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links