View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM  
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

If you want to follow the type of lifting I was talking about, here are a few suggestions as you go forward. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
MILITARY PRESS - 15KG/33lbs - 5x10 (Then dropped the weight and did 2 extra sets of 10, at 12.5KG/27.5LBS
Drop the weight down a little more and get 3 sets of 12 reps next session. Don't do ANY extra work sets. The goal is to make it feel easy, get all the sets and reps done with the same weight, and then we'll bump the weight a bit when you're ready.

Quote:
DIPS - BODY WEIGHT + 10KG/22LBS - 2X12,3X8 (Then one last set un weighted for 8 reps)
Same as the Military Press. Drop a little bit of weight and get 3 sets of 12 reps. You keep failing to get all the reps and sets and then drop the weight to get everything done. Your body is telling you that it's given all it wants to give you. Continuing sets past failure is an advanced technique and not suggested for you at this time. It will eat into your recovery and you'll stall again.

Quote:
ONE ARM DUMBBELL ROWS - 15KG/33LBS - 5X12 (2 Extra sets for 12 reps with 12.5KG/27.5LBS For 12 reps
This is a good start. Bump the weight up about 10 lbs next time and get 3 sets of 12 reps. Again, no extra sets just because you feel good. If you dig into your recovery too far then you'll just stall again. Enjoy the easy workouts while you can.

Quote:
DEAD LIFT - 72.5KG/159.8LBS - 6X6
I won't mess with this as it seems you said it was something that BtB gave you.

If I had my way, I'd drop it all down to 1 set of 12 reps, it's much easier to gauge progress with fewer variables. But you seem to like the volume, so keep it to three sets if it makes you happy. Just realize that with three sets you'll always be doing high reps for those first couple of sets.

Last edited by Off Road; 06-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote