View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Well,

I honestly believe that it was a lot more Phun to be a Weightlifter, Powerlifter, Bodybuilder or general Weight Trainer before Arnold and Weider Caused "Pumping Iron" to become a household word.

I liked it back when it was considered a weird sub-cult understood by few and regarded with fear and loathing by the great unwashed.

On the other hand, without the Vulgarization of Muscle Building and so on...

There would be far fewer gyms to choose from, and less good "U" Tube videos and Weight Forums like this one.

I guess there was over a thousand students in my High School, and while several guys would flip through my muscle magazines, I was the only one who subscribed to them. (early '70s)

And coached told stories of bodybuilders who had to have someone comb their hair for them, because their Arms were too stiff to reach their head.

{HMMMmmnn....?

That would make hitting the double bicep shot rather hard, now wouldn't it? }

And all their kids do book reports on MTV..

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote