Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #608
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvd1215 View Post
Bbod..I've had a shoulder issue for months now..I started doin rotator cuff exercises and taking glucosamine and my shoulder has gotten better but whenever I do bench press or incline press or shoulder press with bb or db ill have a slight pain in my left shoulder also sometimes when I do lateral raises..but my shoulder never hurts when I do back or arms or legs..so its mostly chest and shoulders that I can't go balls to the wall with..but I don't want that to be an excuse to not gain strength so I thought the rep goal system wld help me out with my bench press and with my military press..
I honestly would get a Slingshot. I've had shoulder issues, and the support has made benching so much easier. I can't bench raw without one, but with one my shoulders now feel almost perfect.

I am not a big fan of lateral raises, especially if you have shoulder issues. I would find an overhead press variation that is easiest on your shoulders, and then maybe follow it with some rear delt work. For side delts you could try upright rows below the chest (a more limited range of motion), or dumbbell upright rows. Overhead pressing though should get them plenty.

If heavier work on overheads bothers your shoulders I would try 12-20 rep sets with a lighter weight to see how that feels.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote