View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

I don't get this.

You all told me that eating on a surplus and not challenging yourself and progressing in the gym would quickly result in fat gain.

So if I'm lifting really light weights, and gaining a pound of weight a month, how is that going to be mostly muscle like you said it should be?
I wouldn't be challenging myself, and I wouldn't be progressing because I already went through the stage of using really light weights.

You can't tell me one thing and then tell me something that contradicts it and expect me not to put 2 and 2 together and start thinking about fat gain again, when youv'e told me that'd be the case.
If I followed this, I wouldn't be getting stronger until months into it. I wouldn't be using a challenging weight for a long time.

Despite what you all think, I am not in denial.

I know that I'm not going to get fat. I've been shown the process, the evidence in other teens, and I believe you. If I didn't then I wouldn't be doing it would I?

But you can't expect me not to start thinking in that way again when you tell me something that contradicts the philosophy youv'e been telling me about progressing and getting stronger each week.

I see what's being said here, but I don't understand it.

Whats more, theres not much point in me being here on the forum anymore.

I have no experience to offer anybody else, and most of the people that we're helping me have gotten sick of my situation.

I see a pattern here with people jumping to conclutions about the questions I ask without really reading them, and the same thing happened yesterday.

I told you all I'd started and that I believed and trusted the fact that I wasn't going to get fat.

What you'd told me made sense, but then you go and contradict it and make it confusing.
I was assured that I'd be able to build more muscle than fat and end up looking better , providing I was challenging myself with my lifting.

When you then say "you have to use rediculously light wieghts" What do you expect I'm going to think?

One minuet youv'e told me non of the diet stuff matters if the lifting isn't right, that eating on a surplus will quickly result in fat gain if you arn't challenging yourslef in the gym, that the reason people ffail on a bulk is because they arn't challenging themsleves and working out hard enough, that if I don't stop doing jump and split squats, and don't do proper heavy squats that I will get fat.

Non of the above now seems to apply considering what you told me to do.

So then when I'm completely confused about the whole situation and ask or help in the shout box, everyones pissed off at me for mentioning it!

I'm getting better with the OCD and fear of fat gain. I am. But this makes it 10 times worse. Especially now that its caused yet another influential member to stop helping me because they're sick of it.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-24-2013 at 08:06 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote