View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #187
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Mike, I'll echo the comments from Moe, OR and others. Chasing strength is seductive, and makes it easy to forget about more fundamental things like health.

I've recently dropped a little bit of fat, changed my diet and added a little cardio. These modest changes have already had a substantial effect on how I feel. I recommend it as a transformative experience.Everyday walking feels... different, and in a good way. Even though my weight hasn't dropped, I feel about 20 pounds lighter. I've discovered that strength-training, at least how I do it, just doesn't do much for my CV fitness.

Acid reflux can be a bitch, and it needs to be controlled as much as possible from the point of view of risk to the oesophagus. Mrs T had to have a Nissen fundoplication (sp?) to control hers, but antacids and diet control do wonders for many.

I hope you get a good diet plan sorted. Best of luck with it and keep us posted with your progress on that as well as your weightlifting numbers.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote