Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Indeed, going for a max attempt usually requires more thought put into the ramp up. 40 lbs is also quite ambitious - doable of course but aggressive for us mortals. However, props for giving it a go. The ambition can often be a good thing, especially at a meet.

I think pull ups are a good lift to do on deadlift day to decompress the spine. I read it here somewhere and my chiro also told me that.

On your box squats, are you doing actual box squats or using the box/bench as a depth guide?

Congratz on the PR's DZ. They're awesome. I am with you, doing well thought out rep work will definitely make you stronger. Those darn maxes are hard to resist tho! I used to turn almost every session into a heavy one because of that. Not a good thing for me.
Not a whole lot of thought into that max attempt. "395x2 went real good, f**k it, lets get 465!" <--That was the thought going through my head. No plan what so ever. Thanks for the high five for at least attempting it.

I do do (ha, dodo) pull ups/chins during DL, I just dont log it. I agree, it does help. I also will do some ab work between DL and the Squats.

I call 'em bench squats, b/c they are as close to a box squat as I will get. Sitting on my bench puts me right at parallel so it works for me.

This next week is going to be my off week, so it will give me time to "try" and dial in my training a little more. Maybe subtracting a few things or just making small changes could be the difference I need to really explode. Just going to do some resistance/bw training to keep the blood flowing. No need to be lazy during the off week. So we will see what happens. Jim, I might be asking for advice some time in the near future, so watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Big PRs. Well done.
Thanks Big Man! Appreciate it.

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is offline   Reply With Quote