View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Saxon

On the other hand, and in support of your psychiatry is pseudoscience argument, I wonder if you've come across Rosenman's classic study 'On being sane in insane places'?

Rosenman and seven others presented themselves at mental hospitals, complaining of hearing voices saying 'dull', 'thud' and 'empty'. Those were the only symptoms. Seven of the eight were diagnosed as suffering from schizophrenia and taken in. Once inside, they found it hard to get back out, despite never showing any more symptoms. In a beautiful real-life Catch 22 irony, Rosenman said that the only way he could get released was to admit that he was suffering from a psychological condition, but was now recovering!

In part two of the study, and in response to the hospitals' criticisms of unfair play, Rosenman told them that he would be sending along some more fake patients. A few weeks later, the hospitals reported that they had spotted forty-two (or forty-one, I can't recall which) fake patients that Rosenman had sent out. BONG! Of course, he hadn't sent out any fakes at all this time. They had got it wrong again.

It may be Rosenhan not Rosenman, but tonight I'm too lazy to even google it.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote