View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #28
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Head up and back is what you want to do throughout the lift. You can have your head down at the start but as soon as you break the floor, up and back is what you should be doing. There is no real recommendation other than what makes you comfortable.

That depends. The point is that dipping your hips to start the movement is wasted energy. When I dip I actually feel the lift more in my lower back because I am out of position for maximal leverage and spend more energy muscling up the lift rather than using my leverages . Try setting yourself up away from the bar a bit and raise your hips about 4 inches from where they are. You want to be tight as a spring when you start the pull off the floor.
Sounds good. I will give this a shot tomorrow when I hit deads again. Thanks again.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote