Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I've noticed the complete opposite where the mould is concerned...shop bought bread moulds within a day or two, homemade seems fine for about a week; some of it comes down to the amount of yeast used and the warmth of the storage area.

There's one bread I like making which takes 7 days of feeding the starter, that has to be left in a cool area otherwise it moulds, but the bread made with the 7-day starter keeps for a long time...tastes good too.

There is a saying that the longer it takes to make a loaf, the longer it will remain fresh; whether that's true or not though, I don't know. It may be because longer proofing is normally required with less yeast and that would make sense.
You mean sourdough bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
I bake most of our bread, I usually make buns instead of loafs since loafs tend to get dry faster.

I put anything healthy in it

Sample recipie

Yeast
Olive oil
Water
Salt
Thyme (or other spices of your choice, I wary)
A little syrup or sugar to help the yeast, just a table spoon
Oats
Rye flour
Rye oats
Flax seeds

Can also put in nuts, raisins, seeds or whatever. Pieces of dried fruit is awesome.
Really good post.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote