View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I haven't watched it, I figure, from what people have written, that he's discussing the simplistic food in to energy output ratio...nothing is ever that simple.

Take 2 scenarios:

1) A person on higher/medium doses of medically prescribed steroids, they balloon up with little food (and little means next to none, quite literally); I once saw a guy, that had a go at hubby...both on the steroids, the difference being, the guy was able to get off the steroids, after his operation, and his weight returned to normal (slim), some don't have that luxury and have an uphill battle that they can at best hold their own against but can never win.

2) A female that had a pituitary gland issue, nobody knew for over 25 years, she ballooned up, even though she had been active, enjoyed tennis and other sports on a frequent basis...she ended up with 25 years of lost time, damaged joints due to the weight gain, insults, etc, etc...they did the op (when they eventually realised what was wrong and stopped blaming her diet) and the weight dropped...she still lost those 25 years though.