View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #25
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Your form looks pretty good. The way your body is built you have the potential to be a very good deadlifter. Please also keep in mind that the below points are coming from someone whose goals (maximal strength) may be different than yours (please fill me in).
Primary goal is physique and muscle growth...but I believe the best way to get there is through moving up into some heavy lifting.

Quote:
-You are forecefully trying to keep your back flat. This is fine, but may not be optimal for lifting maximal weights.
The only thing I really think about as far as flat back goes is that I keep my head up and my eyes looking forward. The rest of the flat back thing pretty much follows that. If I dropped my eyes/head, my back would not remain quite as straight I suppose. What's your recommendation on this?

Quote:
-You drop your hips too far at the beginning. The way you are built you will have better leverage with starting the pull with your hips slighly higher. I realize this may be contrary to what you read about technique, but the deadlift is all about leverage. What works for one person may not work for the next.
This should correct itself somewhat when I fix the next point (straight arms, flexed tris, etc...) right?

Quote:
- You lower your hips, relax your arms, and bend at the elbow. Flex those triceps! DO not try and start the movement with your bicep contracted at all. This is a bad habit that should be stopped now. Notice where your hips are when the bar breaks the floor. Kind of hard to do in this video, but that is where you want to start the movement.
I'll work on this.

Quote:
- With your long arms, in addition to the higher hip position you may benefit from starting with your shins a couple inches further back from the bar.
Interesting. Okay. I'll try that.

Quote:
- Your wife has a very natural fluid technique. In other words, she doesnt look like she is thinking about what she is doing. But she appears to be unlocking her knees at the top.
Unlocking knees at top is good or bad?

Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote