View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

I've said it before:

Take out that 1/3 of 1% of people who truly have Iron Will...

With the exception of some temporary aberrations called "Diets";

Everyone Eats to Satiation.

It is almost an Impossibility to Voluntarily restrict one's self to Less Than Satiation for very long.

It is simply not the way Humans are set up to function.

So the question becomes:

"Why Does The Universal Strategy (eating to satiation) Work Well for Some, While Letting Others Down So Drastically?"

Sometimes Low Carbohydrate Diets Help.

Sometimes Adopting Low Fat Diets Help.

Sometimes adding Some Aerobics Helps.

Sometimes adding Muscle Mass Helps.

Sometimes making up some Nutrient Deficiency Helps.

But the Stark Fact is that IF Eating to Satiation Makes You Fat;

Statistically, you will probably spend most of your life overweight.

In 1983 I was 26 years old, weighing about 220—well, between 208 and 220.

I was unemployed and had all day to devote to running—and I had the Dumb-Bass Idea that I wanted to go in the Army and be a Paratrooper.

I worked up to running 12 miles per day while wearing a 15 Pound weight belt. And I ran to the end of my course and then walked 12 miles back.

We were poor and rations were tight.

I had also heard that the Military starved one in Basic Training.

I had discovered that something weird happened to my endurance when I dropped below 208.

I ate toast covered with a quarter inch of margarine, topped with a quarter inch of Sugar to try to keep my weight above 208 when it was dropping.

I went in with the idea that it was necessary to load up on grub whenever possible, to stay away from that dreaded 208 and below.

Loose fitting pants; no scale available; much less Cardio than I was used to; a commitment to "Filling Up" and too much stress to re-evaluate...

In all Sincerity—Basic Training had me seriously considering Suicide as a way out...

I gained about 45 pounds of fat in Basic Training!

When they finally discharged me for Overweight ten and a half months after I went in, I weighed 280 and have never been in control of my weight since.

IF it takes someone running and walking 3.5 to 4.5 hours daily to keep the Fat monster at bay—when you re-enter the job market, you're gonna stumble—and each time, it is harder to come back.

I don't have all the answers. I really don't have any answer.

I do know that some Schmucksperts talk out their Ass-Hole.

Saxon Violence

Last edited by SaxonViolence; 06-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote