View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 03:51 AM   #18
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
That's not the impression you gave on another thread. But 'm glad it's there in black and white.
That was about conspiracy theories, I didn't say facts always determined my beliefs.

Quote:
Where did you say this before? There's a reference to chemicals, nothing more specific.
I should've been more specific, thats what I meant by chemicals.

It was pretty obvious though, is another human being is putting chemicals onto a plant, what does that suggest to you?

Quote:
Your allotment is in some traffic-free area of Kent - nice! - so less heavy-metal contamination. Just like the supermarket chains that the area also supplies. That's something for the inner-city allotment grower to consider and balance against other factors. Point is that a blanket recommendation of 'grow your own - it's heallthier' may not be true, depending on where you live.
Yes, thats a good point.

You really believe this sort of thing, don't you? Honestly, there are so many ridiculous statements in one sentence I don't know where to start. This is all conspiracy website nonsense that you could easily challenge with a half-day of decent reading.

Quote:
You are very caught up in this natural vs artificial idea, but (a) many of the active ingredients in shampoos etc are going to be the same whether it's something produced by L'Oreal or something you make in a bucket in the garden and (b) there is nothing natural about putting substances on your skin to clean it. That's an entirely cultural practice.
Shampoo? Casteil soap is what I use. Look it up if you like

No your right, there isn't anything natural about it. But that wasn't the point. The point was that its likely better for your hair than the commercial stuff.

Quote:

To give you an example of (a), saponification is ALWAYS going to involve treating fats/oils with an alkali, there's no way around it.
Yeah, true, but what about all the added chemicals to make your hair seem soft, or to make it smell nice afterward?
I wasn't disputing the fact that they all contain the same cleansing compounds, but theres added stuff in there that probably isn't very good for you, thats all I was saying.

Quote:
But it's not a fact, is it? It's just another untrue assertion gathered off the ever-faithful internet, which spreads manure faster than any farm equipment yet invented. Another internet meme that is based on the misinterpretation of a couple of pretty old studies, iirc, and propagated through zero credibility sites like 'NaturalNews'.

Show me a recent meta-analysis that shows nutrient levels are declining across the board in food, and then find me some research that links that to the use of pesticides rather than two zillion other possible variables.

Yeah, your right. I don't have any "proof" to show you. Theres allot of studies which state that fact, and I took it on board.
I agree, I should've done more research.

Quote:
And by the way, good for you for being interested in this stuff in your teens. You have a lot of scepticism about governments and so on, but maybe you should consider applying the same viewpoint to other sources of information...like the fluoride/IQ thing for example.

The fluoride thing is a confirmed study actually, just look it up. Isn't the fact that they used it to dumb down the Jews in the concentration camps enough to know its not good anyway through?!

I agree with what your saying though, I do need to do a little more research before I form an opinion with these things, although allot of them are proven facts.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote