Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I thought it was pretty good, but I'm not sure I can see what all the fuss is about. John Wayne gives a fine, nuanced performance, the landscapes are brilliantly shot, and it's an interesting study of obsession. But the film seemed to hurtle through the dramatic climaxes without giving them time to sink in, there was some clunky humour that didn't sit too well, and some of the cast were overacting like mad. It may have influenced everyone from Martin Scorcese to Steven Spielberg, but I can think of westerns I have enjoyed more.
The searchers.

definitely one of my favorites. a study of obsession is a good way to put it.
i think the ethan edwards character is what makes it great.
i'm not sure about the overacting, but i know what you mean about the clunky humor. john ford. check out "the quiet man" if you want more of that humor. too much for me.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote